The Book Scanner That Renders Copiers Obsolete
The Scannx Book ScanCenter is the library industry’s most powerful and accessible self-service book scanner offered under $5,000. With its user-friendly touchscreen interface; large, intuitive buttons; seamless document capture operations and multiplicity of electronic delivery options, the Book ScanCenter improves the library experience for both library staff and patrons.
- Energy saving, patented Book-Edge design captures full pages of text without text distortion
- Book Pages up to 11” x 17” lie flat on glass protecting the spine of the book
- Powered by ABBYY FineReader Technology for unmatched Optical Character Recognition accuracy
- Easy-to-use Book ScanCenter software, available in English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, and Russian, guides user through the scanning process
- Easy-to-see software switchable to high contrast ratio for visually impaired
- Converts scanned images into PDF, searchable PDF, Word, JPEG, TIFF, and PNG file formats automatically
- Send scanned files to: Smart Phone/Tablet, Fax, USB drive, Google Drive, network folders, printer, or email
- Supports selected ACDI, ITC, and Jamex payment systems
- Go Green, Save Green! Over 55 million pages scanned on Scannx systems, only 3% went to print
Less paper, less waste
Digital, searchable copies can be referenced repeatedly and shared with others without the need to make multiple scans or replace lost documents.
Extend book life span
The Book ScanCenter’s patented scanner design allows books to lay flat on each page during the scanning process, eliminating the blackened areas of text from page curvature at the book spine and producing clearly readable text across the entire page. This protects books from damage to the spine, thereby reducing repair and replacement costs.
The Scannx Book ScanCenter is integrated with the ABBYY FineReader Engine for unmatched optical character recognition accuracy. The FineReader technology takes the scanned images of books or documents and makes them machine-readable in several common formats, including PDF and Word.
ABBYY’s multilingual document recognition engine automatically detects English, French, Italian, German and Spanish languages.
Supported billing systems and vendors
The Scannx Book ScanCenter supports ITC and Jamex coin and debit card systems, as well as major credit cards. The book scanner also works with several of the leading print management vendor systems such as Pharos, Envisionware and P-Counter.
The Scannx Book ScanCenter may be configured to support an integrated automatic document feeder and Fujitsu ScanSnap SV600 for overhead scanning. The book scanning device also offers an optional three-track magnetic card reader to identify and authenticate authorized users.
Scannx Data Sheet